Consistent with ILO guidelines, the overall goal of the National Employment Policy is to promote full, productive, decent, and freely chosen employment which will eradicate poverty and reduce income inequality.
The related, specific objectives of the policy are:
- Policy harmonization and coherence in order create a conducive environment for employment creation
- Promoting skills development and employability
- Ensuring gender equality and inclusion of marginalized groups in all areas of employment
- Improving working conditions
- Creating at least 35000 additional permanent jobs over the five-year period between 2019 and 2024
- Facilitating the transition to decent work and formality
- Improving and widening social protection
- Strengthening labor market information systems
- Strengthening labor administration and social dialogue.